Saturday, September 18, 2010

Grigson goes Stateside!

Well here I am in Houston, Texas. Now how the bloody hell did that happen? This was not part of the plan. I’ve been here three weeks and am starting to settle in, though I’ve not had much of a chance to eat a load of the Texan cuisine yet, except for the odd burger and a delicious Mexican meal. My terrible memory means I have forgotten the name of the dishes I ate. I will take more notice in future.

Just because I’m in the USA and that it is so very, very hot will not stop me from carrying on the blog of course and serving up wintery food, I just may need to some help from my American buddies on here. I couldn’t bring over any of my cooking equipment, so I am going to have to be very basic in the recipes that I do, at least for the time being. That said, I am staying at my bosses’ house at the minute which has the best stocked kitchen I’ve seen for a good while, so I might try and do a few things before I move into my new apartment in the Midtown area of the city.

I don’t know how successful this will be, but I will try and feed some poor unsuspecting Yanks some delicious (and not so delicious) English grub.

Also, I haven’t seen a single cowboy yet. What’s that about?

No comments: