Tuesday, January 15, 2008

OMG!

Homemade marmalade is absolutely gorgeous! Greg and I had some on toast when we got in from work last night. It's super orangey and not too bitter. It definitely better than any bought stuff and this is my first attempt. I'm going to make loads more jams and shit!

#24 Orange Marmalade: 9/10. Don't want to give it full marks as I may be able to improve on it next year...

Greg says:
I agree, 9/10 for the marmalade, it's SO good, the kind that a little old lady with a hair bun would give you if you knocked on her door to ask for directions in the countryside. It actually tastes like it has something to do with fruit which most marms/jams seldom do. Yum please.

Jenny says:
Yep, 9/10, fantastic marmalade. Tangy, chunky and sticky - bring me more toast at once!

Nic says:
"loving the marmalade neil! very impressed- good use of rind, deliciously fruity but not overly sweet. works well on old school toast and bagels. i'm assigning a score of 9/10. it's on a par with my all time fave -the vintage Oxford one. more please! can i put in a request for lemon curd and/or 'buttery's no-butter peanut butter' please!"

Ange says:
"Sometimes you don't need foie gras or quail's eggs to satisfy your well-educated tastebuds, on occassion only something homely and comforting will do. Take marmalade for example, you don't need fancy melba toast or an organic rye bagel to enjoy its zesty goodness. I believe the only true way to enjoy marmalade is on cheap, thick sliced white bread, toasted a bit more than usual, the merest sheen of butter (not marge mind) and then a thick unctuous layer of boiled sugar and citrus!I looked forward to last weekend knowing that such a treat was within my grasp. Neil's Marmalade (TM) made a satisfying pop when the lid was loosened and expelled a cool draught of lively orange. First taste was exquisitely sweet, dying down to a sharp, but exhilarating tang. A defining marmalade moment. Pat yourself on the back young Neil.I second the motion for lemon curd to be next though!"

No comments: